- All CEDIA members must abide by CEDIA member Code of Ethics.
- Home Technology Professional Members must comply with all applicable state, county, and/or municipal licensing requirements. Copies of current licenses must be submitted to fully process CEDIA membership.
- Home Technology Professional Members located in the U.S. and Canada must provide direct proof of General Liability Insurance in the amount of USD $1,000,000, showing CEDIA as the CERTIFICATE HOLDER with 10 days notice of cancellation. (Your insurance agent or broker can help you with this.
- Home Technology Professional Members located in Australia must submit copies of their Public Liability insurance and Professional Indemnity insurance (if applicable).
- Home Technology Professional Member companies based outside of the U.S., Canada, and Australia must provide proof of insurance as required by your country/zone/region.
If your state/province requires licenses, you must submit copies of your most current licenses to complete your CEDIA Membership Application. Access to membership benefits are not available until all documents are received. Fax the copy of your license to 317.735.4012 or email to email@example.com.
U.S. Licensing Requirements:
- District of Columbia
NOTE: Some Florida counties may exempt electronic systems contractors from the need to have a Limited Energy Systems Specialty Contractor license, if you do work only within that county. If you are in a county that does not require a license please provide documentation from the county that a license is not required.
- Illinois - Chicago ONLY
NOTE: The City of Chicago requires the licensing of low-voltage electricians engaged in electrical work associated with the installation or maintenance of VDV (voice, data, and video) systems and equipment.
- New Mexico
- North Carolina
- Rhode Island
- West Virginia
Canada Licensing Requirements:
- British Columbia
- Newfoundland and Labrador
- Nova Scotia
- Prince Edward Island