Submissions to the Special Project category must reflect a unique installation that falls outside of the scope of the average CEDIA home technology professional installation. Past entry examples include a pool house, locker room, dog rescue, bar, office space, recreational vehicle, etc.
- What were the performance objectives and design criteria for this installation?
- Discuss all subsystems integrated in this project (AV, HVAC, lighting, security, networking, etc.).
- List all automation events in this project.
- Share all technical details and/or calculations made concerning the main power management for this project.
- Explain any compromises made from CEDIA and/or other industry standards and why those compromises were needed.
- Share any additional customer requirements or technical challenges.
- What was the invoiced price of all equipment for this installation by your company?
- What was the invoiced price of all labor provided by your company for this installation?
- What was the invoiced price from other companies for this installation? (Please contact contractors that worked on this project to get an accurate amount.)
- Total lines 1-3 (total installation value).
(All documents should be as-built.)
- Floor plan (key components displayed on architectural floor plan)
- Schematic drawings (AV and/or networking)
- Room layout drawings for the innovative solution
- Equipment rack elevation and heat calculations
- Other custom or technical drawings to further describe the solution as necessary
- Bill of materials (equipment list: key devices including but not limited to audio, video, control, HVAC, network, security, power management, lighting control, other control, furnishings, screens, motorized devices, racks, etc.)
- Sound pressure level (SPL) calculations, if applicable
- Audio post-calibration reports, if applicable
- Screen brightness calculations, if applicable
- Video post-calibration reports, if applicable
- Four (4) installation photos of your choice
- Front rack photo, as appropriate
- Back rack photo, as appropriate
- 10 additional photos (optional)
Two (2) project videos. Please note videos are not required, but are recommended. Automated features are ideal for video submission.
- Include all unique user interfaces. If video is not possible, please provide a manual.
- User interface demonstration video, showing all operations
- User interface manual (PDF)