Millennium Systems Design, Inc
Orlando, FL Job Description:
Full Time -
Do you want to work for one of the best integration Company's in the Orlando area? This is your chance. Come take part in Millennium Systems Design controlled growth. We have multiple openings and are seeking qualified people that want to feel like they are a part of a family and are looking for a future instead of a job.
We have openings for experienced lead and entry level audio/video installation technicians. Applicants must be able to complete technical installations of audio/visual systems including all projectors, calibrate audio/video systems, and implement (or program) Crestron, ELAN and other control systems. The position requires the ability to troubleshoot audio, video, and control systems problems. The lead technician will oversee installation crews performing home theater, network installations, and/or other low voltage installations.
As A/V Installation Technician, you will be responsible for providing a high level of service for in-home audio, video, and home automation installation and programming. You will also be required to troubleshoot technical issues.
Your working hours will be from7:30 AM to 4:30 PM Monday through Friday or as your position determines. Your working schedule may be altered based on the needs of our clients and your personal needs. MSD is a family first company and can be flexible with your schedule based on family needs but we require advance notice for schedule changes.
This will be a full-time position with a competitive salary.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Interface with external/internal clients and manufacture vendors
• Pre-installation site survey when needed
• Fabricate racks in-house or onsite at client location
• Installation of structured cabling to include pulling, terminating and testing cat5e/6, video, HDMI, Fiber and audio cables
• Responsible for signing out and securing inventory and non-inventory consumables per project
• Restocking and inventory of van equipment/consumables daily
• Responsible for managing onsite technicians and assisting PM’s with overall project needs.
• Identify and solve issues that will impact the project
• Provide effective communication by supplying daily updates to Project Managers
• Ensure that project deliverables and milestones are met including close out documentation and punch list items
• The ability to perform system level diagnostics, trouble shoot and report issues to project manager
• Perform quality control check on finished product/projects
• Conduct a post project walkthrough with client if needed
• Responsible for returning product to warehouse and inventory DOA
• Communicate with PM’s on personnel performance issues
• Attend construction meetings in place of project managers/designers when needed
• The ability to work alone or with others
• The knowledge to manage project installations from beginning to end
• The ability to manage small one day jobs and large yearlong projects
• Strong technical, communication & computer skills.
• Installation of all aspects of structured wiring, audio video & integration systems.
• Experience with the service and troubleshooting of audio and video components. General installation, to include pulling cable in floors and ceilings, dressing cable in racks, termination of coax, audio and LAN cables.
• Experience reading plans, and debugging previously installed A/V systems.
Qualified Technicians Must have the following
• Crestron installation experience is a plus
• Control system knowledge (Examples: ELAN, Crestron, Control4, etc.)
• CEDIA certification is a PLUS!!!
• 3 years experience installing residential audio video products, and integrating full systems
• Knowledge of networking, wiring, phone, data streaming, CCTV, home theater, and alarm systems.
• Relevant experience in audio, visual, and home automation wiring, installations, and systems programming is highly preferable.
• 1 year experience leading a team of 2 or more technicians
• Must be well organized, highly detailed oriented, dependable, clean cut and self-motivated
• Must have an outstanding work ethic being able to accomplish tasks in a timely manner
• Must be able to troubleshoot technical issues
• Valid driver’s license, and reliable transportation
Salary will be determined by experience.
We also offer our technicians:
• Vacation Pay
• Paid Sick Days
• Paid Holidays
• Discretionary days Off
• Family First Policy
• Health Insurance (MSD Pay for 50% of your insurance after the first 90 Days)
• Dental Insurance
• Aflac opportunities
• Retirement account – (after the first year)
• Life Insurance Policy
• Discretionary Bonuses To Apply:
Interested technicians can confidentially send your resume and employment history to email@example.com