Mills Custom Audio/Video
Skokie, IL Job Description:
Full Time -
Join our team as the Inside Sales & Documentation Associate! Mills Custom Audio/Video is one of the leading firms specializing in the integration of cutting-edge technology into homes and businesses. We are a growing company that offers great benefits and opportunities to continuously improve our employees’ skills.
Mills Custom is a small family-owned business that places a high premium on creating outstanding experiences for both our clients and our staff. Mills has been serving clients in the Chicago area for over 75 years. At Mills, we pride ourselves on hiring employees for the long-term. Our average employee tenure is over 10 years, with many team members in excess of that. All candidates must create exemplary customer experiences, as well as continuously improve their own skills to keep up with technological change. We celebrate a culture with a strong work/life balance, and offer benefits including competitive pay, medical insurance, enrollment in a 401k program, paid vacation and personal days, and industry training.
We’re looking for a highly motivated individual eager to support sales efforts and manage the flow of critical information within the company. The successful candidate will have responsibilities across the company, including Sales and Operations/ Project Management. This is a full-time position.
• Collaborate with Sales Manager to create technology systems proposals for residential and commercial systems, including audio, video, control, data networks, and more
• Work between functional teams to ensure documentation (proposals, drawings, change orders, project inventory) is current and accurate for a large number of technology integration projects
• Analyze project performance versus plan on an ongoing basis and at the conclusion of projects, creating reports and presenting to team
• Preferred background or interest in audio/visual or information technology industries, and/or construction or architectural industries
• Strong verbal and written skills, especially being able to describe highly technical systems in simple terms
• Professional presence, as this role requires face to face interaction with key clients and partners
• Knowledge of operational and database software programs, especially knowledge of D-Tools and QuickBooks and strong competency with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
• Demonstrated success working on multi-disciplinary teams, including sales, operations, field technicians, service, accounting
Why should you apply?
• Fun, team-oriented culture with a strong commitment to work/life balance
• Innovative projects – see some of our recent work here: https://www.houzz.com/millscustomav/
• Competitive wages
• Medical insurance / Disability income insurance
• Enrollment in Mills Profit Sharing/401K Plan
• Paid vacation and personal days
• Opportunity for growth within the company (such as transition to a more traditional outside sales role) To Apply:
Send resumes to BryanMills@millscustomav.com