Sound Ideas Home Theater Design
Fort Worth, TX Job Description:
Full Time -
Sound Ideas Home Theater Design, Fort Worth’s oldest custom electronics integration company, is looking for a self-motivated and skilled lead installation technician to join our growing team.
This position is Full-Time temp to hire, or Contract with the potential for Full-Time employment.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Installation and setup of audio/video systems, networking equipment, lighting systems,
telephone/access systems, and control systems for both residential and commercial projects.
• Advanced troubleshooting knowledge of electronic systems.
• Prewiring of both new construction and retrofit jobs, utilizing attics and crawl spaces, and experience running wires in walls.
• Project planning and excellent communication skills with other team members.
• Communication and training of clients on use of control systems.
• Communication and training of fellow employees, as needed.
• Provide support to Sales and System Design teams.
• Maintain quality control and company standards.
• 3+ years specific experience in electronic systems integration, setup, and troubleshooting
• Ability to interpret blueprints, rack drawings, and equipment connection schematics.
• Experience with installation and programming of Control4, RTI, URC, and Lutron control systems
• Rack building and wire management.
• Knowledge of general building practices in both residential and commercial environments.
• Good understanding of networking standards and cable termination.
• CEDIA, or other industry affiliated certifications a plus.
• Experience with advanced network infrastructures and configuration a big plus.
• Be self-motivated to improve both personally and professionally.
• Have strong work ethic, attention to detail, and professional attitude and appearance.
• Have outstanding communication, writing, and organizational skills.
• Must provide own hand tools, tool bag, and cordless drill.
• Must have good driving record and valid driver’s license.
• Must be able to pass background check and drug test.
• Must be available to do light traveling, with a potential for overnight stay.
Sound Ideas Home Theater Design is a casual, fun working environment, offering competitive hourly pay and benefits, as well as excellent opportunities for career development and advancement.
Benefits include: Group health insurance and dental after 90 days of Full-Time employment; company contributing IRA, bonuses, paid vacation and sick leave, paid holidays. To Apply:
Interested candidates should forward resume and salary history for confidential consideration.
Salary history required for consideration.
Contact Information: firstname.lastname@example.org