Horizon Systems & Design
Maui, HI Job Description:
Full Time and/or Part Time -
Horizon Systems & Design is one of Maui’s premier sources for high-end integrated systems that include home theater and media rooms, high performance audio, whole-house music systems, networking, and lighting and home automation control systems. We offer a wide range of design, installation and integration services, and are currently seeking qualified applicants for an Electronics Systems Technician.
Successful candidates will demonstrate:
• At least 5 years of experience in residential or commercial Audio Visual Installation, with references.
• Strong low voltage, A/V cabling and mechanical skills.
• Knowledge and experience with low-voltage retrofit and new construction.
• Ability to properly and efficiently troubleshoot and diagnose existing systems.
• Working knowledge of networking concepts (TCP/IP Networking).
• Basic experience in home theater installation and home automation.
• CEDIA Certification and/or experience with AMX, Lutron, D-Tools, and RTI is a plus.
• Must have current and valid U.S. driver's license with a good driving record and own transportation.
• Must be able to pass background and drug tests.
• During hiring process, new applicant will sign a 2-year Non-Compete Agreement.
• Ability to communicate effectively in person, via email, calls and text to clients, construction professionals and in-house team members.
• Professional demeanor and clean work appearance.
• Ability to work well individually as well as with a team.
• Education: High School diploma or equivalent.
• New Construction & Retrofit Pre-Wire & Installation.
• Low Voltage Cabling Termination. (Cat5/Cat6/RG6/RG59/Speaker/Camera/Automation/Control).
• Install/Setup Whole House A/V Distribution Systems, Networking, Home Automation, Lighting Control and Motorized Shades Systems.
• Home Theater/Surround Sound: Install/Setup from Basic to Dedicated Room.
• Mount & Hang TV's: All Styles Wall Brackets.
• Front Projection Systems: Install/Setup Projector, Screen, Speakers and Control.
• Install/Setup A/V Components including Receivers/Amplifiers, Blu-ray and A/V Streaming Media Players, etc.
• Surveillance/CCTV: Wiring/Setup/Operation.
This work may involve some heavy lifting and carrying of A/V equipment. Individual must be able to lift 70+ pounds.
• Competitive hourly pay commensurate with experience.
• Excellent medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
• Paid Vacation and 6 Holidays (after 1 year).
• Strong opportunity for growth.
Horizon Electric, Inc., dba Horizon Systems and Design, has been in operation since 1994. We began as a dedicated family operation that today includes other full-time, skilled employees, while retaining the care and attention to detail that we have built our reputation on. After starting as an electrical contracting company, we quickly evolved into providing both design and installation of a broad range of electrical and electronic system solutions for both residential and commercial projects. Yet, we remain staffed to service the full range of clientele, including many celebrity estates and high-end hotel resort projects.
Whether it be for a young couple in their first home, or a 5–star resort, we are committed to taking our clients from the beginning stages of consultation and design through installation and everyday use.
Horizon Electric, Inc. is well known for quality work, attention to detail and a professional staff providing outstanding customer service. We take pride in our many projects throughout the Hawaiian Islands and beyond. To Apply:
Please email resume to attn: Paul Jenkins at firstname.lastname@example.org