Burlington, ON Job Description
This key position within our organization requires a team-oriented individual with advanced technical knowledge of audio visual equipment and integrated systems. Preference will be given to candidates with post-secondary education related to electronics and knowledge of IP networks and infrastructure. Certification or proven knowledge and proficiency in programming Crestron or similar audio-visual control systems will be a definite asset. Must be proficient in audio and video installation best practices, have good mechanical skills and be willing to travel when required.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assess Site to ensure it is safe and otherwise ready for installation
- Manage Installation of rough-in distributed cabling for AV systems through raceways, conduits, junction boxes, hollow walls, solid walls, crawl spaces and passage ways.
- Manage and complete field terminations for AV infrastructure and cable distribution; direct connections, soldiering, crimping, linear compression, insulation displacement and compression
- Build equipment racks as per rack elevation drawings; assemble rack walls, shelves, lacer bars, loading and securing electronic equipment in proper placement as per AV layout standards.
- Pre-configuration and programming of audio visual control and network enabled products
- Hardware installation – accurately receive and safely install AV components and hardware to supporting structures; Unistrut, threaded rod, tie rods, aircraft wire, anchors, bolts, screws and clamps for mounting brackets, in-ceiling speakers, projection screens, projectors etc.
- Complete system programming for end user control interfaces; handheld remote controls, touch panel controls, smart device applications etc.
- Complete daily/weekly job status reports and project intake documents; work orders, service order forms, timesheets, system diagnostic reports, technical analysis reports, RMA forms etc.
- Ensure solution is functioning as it should and all commissioning is completed and documented
- Set up, test, configure, document, tear down and troubleshoot AV equipment
- Develop product demonstrations and training sessions on system functionality pre/post install
- Organize materials and time in an efficient manner
- Maintain the project change order procedures
- Prepare System Manuals for customer
Qualified Candidates will have:
- Minimum of 5 years experience in AV systems integration and installation.
- Ability to read interpret and design AV system plans; plan view drawings, reflected ceiling plans, selection drawings, elevation drawings, equipment riser diagrams, system context diagrams, system flowcharts and block diagrams.
- Experience working with control products, AV transport and auto switching hardware, audio conferencing and DSP products, on-prem video conferencing and TPaas solutions, digital signage and video wall solutions, presentation and collaboration solutions, projection systems and flat panel displays, interactive touch display solutions and more.
- Problem solving skills and ability to implement
- High School Diploma (required), College or University Degree
- Proficient in pre-wire of both retrofit and new construction. Must be familiar with construction, basic building code and be able to work/wire to successfully achieve project goals.
- Must have experience running and terminating cables and connections;
- Clean wire management.
- Able to install AV and IT related infrastructure (cabling, connectors, rack assembly).
- Able to configure, design, program and integrate Crestron systems.
- CEDIA Certified / Crestron Certified (preferred).
- Understanding of AV Best Practices (InfoComm).
- Execute and support on all major AV integration projects.
- Familiar with all types of video display formats and configurations.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Strong attention to detail, highly organized, knowledge of Excel and Word.
- Ability to work well in a stressful, fast-paced professional environment.
- Ability to work overtime as required to complete jobs as needed.
- Criminal records check required.
- Drivers license and vehicle required.
- Leadership and management skills are an asset.
How to Apply
Please e-mail your resume to email@example.com.