Burlington, ON Job Description
We currently have a position available in AV system installation. Knowledge of construction techniques and safe work practices mandatory. The successful candidate recognizes the value of exceeding customer expectations with attention to detail and respect for the customer work environment. Technical skills are required to all installation aspects of sound, data, video and related technologies.
Responsibilities include integration and performance of integrated AV equipment for residential and commercial environments. Will integrate professional AV systems, perform routine maintenance and upgrades, and construct custom system racks in existing and new installations.
The ability to learn quickly and troubleshoot independently within a fast-paced environment will be considered above all, but key required skills could include, but are not limited to:
- Adept with various technologies and technological software platforms.
- High understanding of signal flow in all areas of electronics.
- Installation of rough-in distributed cabling for AV systems through raceways, conduits, junction boxes, hollow walls, solid walls, crawl spaces and passage ways.
- Manage and complete field terminations for AV infrastructure and cable distribution; direct connections, soldiering, crimping, linear compression, insulation displacement and compression
- Hardware installation – accurately receive and safely install AV components and hardware to supporting structures; Unistrut, threaded rod, tie rods, aircraft wire, anchors, bolts, screws and clamps for mounting brackets, in-ceiling speakers, projection screens, projectors etc.
- Ensure solution is functioning as it should and all commissioning is completed and documented
- Set up, test, configure, document, tear down and troubleshoot AV equipment
- Knowledge of Control Systems and control types (RS-232, TCP/IP, Infrared, Relays, Digital Inputs/Outputs).
- Knowledge and expertise utilizing and configuring Local Area Networks, PoE Systems, Wireless Networks, and Point to Point technologies.
- Knowledge and understanding of 70v / low impedance audio systems.
- Knowledge and understanding of digital and analog video technologies including but not limited to HDMI, VGA, Composite, and related embedded information (HDCP, EDID, Hot Plug, Sync, Resolutions, Colour Space etc...).
- Management of wiring within 19"" racking hardware within network / AV closets.
- Basic use of hand tools.
Basic Skills Required
- Must install equipment in a clean and safe manner.
- Terminate/dress equipment in a well-documented and clean manner
- Must be well organized with the ability to layout a project from start to finish
- Must be willing to participate in shift work for certain projects and take part in an on call after hours technician rotation
- Must work well with little supervision individually and in a team environment
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong attention to detail, highly organized, computer literate
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced professional environment
- Customer-focused approach
- Proficient in pre-wire of both retrofit and new construction. Must be familiar with construction, basic building code and be able to work/wire to successfully achieve project goals.
- Must have a driver’s license and own your own vehicle.
- Must have a clean driving and criminal record. Must be willing to undergo a criminal background check
- Supply of own industry basic hand tools
- Crestron and DSP audio platform programming is a benefit.
- Other industry certifications related or non-related to our line of work
- Strength of resume as well as past performance with previous employers"
How to Apply
Please e-mail your resume to email@example.com.