Media Systems, Inc.
Benefits Offered: Medical, HRA, Paid Time Off Job Description
Media Systems is a custom home integrator bringing together audio, video, lighting, climate, communication, video surveillance, and energy management. For more than 38 years, we have led the way in home theater, Hi-Fi, and luxury home automation systems.
We are seeking a full time, qualified AV Technician. Must have at least 2 years experience.
Must have experience with A/V installation and integration, running wire for new and existing construction, basic networking and WiFi installation, security cameras installation, hanging large TVs and projectors.
- Prewire/Trim Out
- TV/ Projector Installation
- Proper installation techniques of Crestron, Lutron, Control4, Savant, Panasonic Phone systems, Cameras, and WiFi networks.
- Provide daily logs and effectively communicate to supervisor about each job
- Read a proposal, get equipment together for the day’s job, sign out equipment and stock the work truck, and return what is unused. Then communicate clearly about the project.
- Identify and solve issues that will impact the project
- Attend AV construction meetings in place of project managers/designers when needed
- Follow all safety guidelines of company and client requirements
- Must be professional in appearance and attitude - NO drugs or alcohol
- Must have own reliable vehicle or transportation to get to the office
- Reliable, on time, and willing to work hard
- 40 hour weeks with sometimes necessary overtime
- Strong typing and programming skills
- Precise wiring and termination skills (including RJ45, RG6, etc)
- Ability to think and work independently and prioritize duties for the day
- Ability to troubleshoot a service call and solve it in a timely manner
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience in reading/understanding architecture, electrical, structural & AV systems drawings
- Installation of distributed audio and video, control systems (Crestron and Control4), and lighting/shade control
- Flexibility to work outside the job description when the need arises
- Team player who can collaborate effectively with others
- Proficient with PC and Mac
- Strong skills in Apple programs such as Numbers and Pages (or Microsoft Excel and Word)
- Attention to detail and quality workmanship
- Construction skills, working with basic tools
- Capacity to work in a fast paced, high pressure environment.
- Motivated, self-starter, ambitious, punctual, and honest
- Must have a valid TX Driver’s License, have a clean driving record, and can pass a background check
Education, Certification and/or Experience
- At least 2 years experience with A/V installations
- Must have basic programming skills with Crestron, Control4, URC, Savant, and/or Lutron
- Any Cedia or control systems certification is a plus
- Panasonic Phone System education preferred
- Araknis or other networking qualifications
- Associates Degree, trade school or AV / industry certifications preferred
- Drive large work van
- Sitting/standing for extended periods
- Lift heavy equipment for installation
- Use of power tools
- Climb ladder when necessary
- Cutting drywall, mounting cameras and heavy TVs.
- We are looking for top of the line Crestron programmers to experienced service call technicians. Please email cover letter, resume, salary history, and references.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $13.00 to $35.00 /hour
How to Apply
Pleae email firstname.lastname@example.org.