Sydney, Australia Job Description
Based in Neutral Bay, Sydney, JFK Automation are leading integrators of residential & commercial automation & audiovisual systems. We have a long-standing reputation for the highest standard in design and installation of structured electronic systems.
We are currently seeking a technician to join our established installation team. The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Installation of audiovisual, security and lighting equipment in residential and commercial environments
- Programming of control, lighting and security systems
- Configuration and implementation of IP networks
- Installation of low voltage cabling (new construction and existing buildings)
- Servicing existing client bank
To be considered for this position you will ideally have a minimum of 3 years experience working in the residential or commercial audio visual industry. Career change candidates may also apply, but must be able to clearly demonstrate an aptitude and passion for consumer electronics and an outstanding work ethic.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- An in-depth understanding of audiovisual products and systems
- Exceptional problem-solving skills (and relate to previous work experience)
- A desire to achieve very high standards in their work
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- An ability to maintain accurate project documentation
- An understanding of the building construction methods for residential and commercial environments
- High level of experience with all types of hand and power tools
- The ability to drive projects while maintaining budget and timeline
- A professional, positive and reliable work ethic and a ""can do"" attitude
- 'customer-centric' attitude with the ability to create solutions that are win-win for the business and client
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Experience of installing and programming control systems with particular knowledge of Savant, Control4 & Dynalite
- Knowledge of IP networking (ability to setup routers, switches, and other network equipment)
- Familiarity with networking, security products and systems including access control and CCTV
- A working knowledge of Apple products
All applicants must possess a valid Australian Drivers License and must be able to lift heavy objects and work on ladders or in confined spaces.
If you are looking for a new, challenging career and want to work as part of a young, dynamic team in a cutting edge industry then we are waiting to hear from you.
The successful candidate will be offered an attractive salary package, as well as use of a work vehicle, company laptop and mobile phone. Salary will be negotiated based on experience and as such there is not a minimum or maximum salary package set for this role. How to Apply
If you fit the above criteria, please send a one-page cover letter addressing the above selection criteria together with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Potential applicants will be contacted to arrange an interview.