Hanson Audio Video
Cincinnati, OH Job Description
The Lead Technician / Custom Programmer provides a premium experience in advance programming of various control platforms in residential and commercial spaces. Deploy a robust network solution including installation, setup, and configuration. The Lead Technician verifies complete system functionality and that the project scope of work has been successfully completed to the needs of the client. At the final step, the hand-off to the client, the Lead technician will educate and guide the client through how to fully enjoy and experience their new equipment. You will partner closely with the Project Manager and System Designer to ensure end-to-end support for your client.
- Responsible for the advanced programming of various control platforms, which will integrate and automate various subsystems for either residential or commercial spaces, including lighting control, motorized shading solutions, irrigation systems, surveillance systems, pool, and spa controls, and network storage systems etc.
- Setup of advanced networking systems such as multiple VLANs, multiple WANs, VPN access, and wireless management solutions.
- Reviews scope of work from a System Designer and system engineered documents from Engineering team to interpret what components need to be programmed for the system to ensure Clients needs are met and teaches the Client how to use the system after it is installed and programmed
- Work with Hanson Project Managers, Specialty Sales, and System Designers to deliver the Clients the desired level of functionality and performance for their system and lifestyle needs
- Ensures Hanson AV standard of excellence in customer relations, communication, cleanliness, and professionalism are met
- Knowledgeable about the construction of a building and construction procedures such as being hands-on with power tools and basic trim / plumbing / electrical / HVAC solutions
- Able to lead and educate a team of technicians on site from start to finish
- Accountable along with Project Manager for the project success including constant communication with the Project Manager and System Designer to accomplish the total outcome as designed.
- 3 year of audio/video programming or networking and military service experience equivalent
- 2 years of customer service or networking and military service equivalent
- 2 years of custom programming
- Clean Driving Record
- Understanding of basic electrical theory, including Ohms Law, networking designs
- Ability to read and interpret site plans including architectural drawings, as-built plans, etc
- Flexible hours Weekday hours between 8 am - 7 pm and Weekends between 9 am - 5pm
- Universal Remote Control certification
- Control4 certification
- AMX certification
- Lutron certification
- Savant certification
- CEDIA Certified with one or more of the following - ESC - ESC-T - ESC-N - ESC-D
Job Location: Southwest Ohio / Dayton / Cincinnati / Ohio
How to Apply
Please send your resume and a brief description of why you are interested in the position based on the Job Description to Employement@Hansonav.com.