Hausba Smarthomes, seeks to recruit a Chief Operating Officer (COO) with experience in Audio Visual Technology who has a desire to become instrumental in the development of fast growing company in Nigeria with plans to expand into neighboring markets. The COO is responsible for providing leadership for the Design, Engineering & Support Teams by implementing policies and procedures, and overseeing day to day operations. The COO’s key responsibility is to manage the core operations of the business by driving results, unleashing creativity and maintaining accountability in a performance-oriented culture of diverse and talented individuals. The COO reports directly to the CEO/Founder (Managing Director) of the company. Core Values: Someone with a true entrepreneurial spirit that is passionate and driven by technology. An individual who has what it takes to lead and grow an organization globally.
- Manage and direct company operations to meet or exceed budget and financial goals.
- Manage day-to-day functions, Human Resources, and Finance and Admin.
- Direct operations of Design, Engineering & Support teams on policy development, complex problem resolution and staff training, and ensures correct resources and staffing are leveraged to satisfy customer needs.
- Ensure highest levels of customer service are demonstrated by the team at all times and regularly meets with customers to solicit feedback and modify strategy accordingly.
- Assist with advanced troubleshooting of AV systems, using knowledge of modern AV solutions, including but not limited to Crestron solutions, audio reinforcement design and operation management.
- Oversee contract negotiations and legal activities: client contracts, partnership agreements, vendor contracts, and other legal documents.
- Work closely with Head of Operations and Senior Project Manager to manage daily performance of Operations Team. Use project planning practices to drive focus and results, ensuring that all open projects have detailed schedules and that milestones are kept on track.
- In collaboration with others, develop and implement strategic plan for rapid scaling of operational capacity through automation, process improvements or other productivity measures while maintaining high quality standards, high reliability and cost effective operations.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills (including written and oral presentation) and leadership skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree in Electronics/Electrical Technology a plus.
- Expertise in defining and scaling operational processes, both internally and with external partners.
- Experience managing multiple projects in a manner that focuses the team and drives results.
- Excellent people skills, with ability to partner with dynamic leadership teams.
- Integrity, credibility, and commitment to the mission of Hausba.
- Minimum 10+ years of Audio Visual experience, with at least 7 years of managing increasingly complex projects in technical environments.
- Extensive experience in engineering industry
- Experience in project development and management.
- Specialist certification in a relevant field. (e.g. CEDIA, AVIXA, INFOCOMM)
If interested, apply by sending your CV via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
. In the subject heading please indicate ‘COO, Hausba-Nigeria’. Please be advised that ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities at Hausba.