SMC help demanding clients get the best out of technology in their homes. We are a lively, dynamic company and we’re proud of what we do. Our projects range from simple one-room home cinema installations to fully-integrated multi-million pound homes.
Located in South West London, we work with the most renowned architects, designers and developers within the industry and deliver projects throughout the UK and around the World.
At SMC we bring together audio, television, lighting, telephone, data networks, security and other bespoke technology into a fully integrated and easy to use solution. ROLE
We’re looking for the right person who has exceptional computer, logic and analytical skills to join our Programming Team. You will be working closely with the Design Team and our Project Managers to ensure that our projects are technically designed and implemented to the highest standards. RESPONSIBILITIES
- To understand and interpret client requirements to implement user-friendly and easy-to-use control systems
- Understand, coordinate, and detail functional requirements of 3rd party systems and implement and test the integration of these systems (including pre-site liaison and on-site coordination and testing)
- Production and updating of supporting project reference documentation
- Programming the latest control systems available and design and implementation of intuitive, good looking user interfaces for our clients, which meets all the requirements of the project specification
- The production of product specific program code
- Ability to logically test, troubleshoot, identify and fix bugs within code and control systems
- Working to ensure our systems are tested, bug free and operational ahead of handover to the client
- Then potentially working closely with the client as they move into their new home to ensure they are happy and getting the best out of their new systems
- To support and assist the Aftercare Team in terms of programming support for our Maintenance clients
- Communicating regularly with those of us that work in the office, including but not limited to, Designers, Project Managers and Aftercare and Service Department - highlighting issues and bringing them to the table for discussion.
- Practical experience of AV/IT systems design and implementation
- Have an extremely keen eye for technical detail
- Creating UI design in Photoshop/Illustrator or similar
- UI/UX development within Crestron VTPro
We don't necessarily expect you to have all of these skills but if you can demonstrate you have a good base knowledge, the right aptitude and a hunger to learn then we can teach you the rest.
This role would suite someone coming from an AV / construction design background wishing to get into basic programming, or alternatively someone coming from a web design and development background wishing to learn more about AV systems integration. ENVIRONMENT
SMC is a lively, dynamic company and we’re proud of what we do. We are often working with extremely wealthy clients who are paying for and therefore expecting the finest service. The successful candidate, with close support from colleagues, will feel confident and comfortable in this environment. At times working in very demanding situations, a professional approachable manner is required at all times. WHY JOIN SMC?
There’s a strong family feeling at SMC - many of us have been here for more than a decade (in fact two decades in some cases!) Our people remain the core of our success and we couldn’t do anything without this amazing team - it is their energy that has driven us forward, helped us deliver great projects, support our fantastic clients, learn, grow and kept it fun. If you’re good at what you do, cheerful and reliable we’d love you to join us.
You’ll enjoy a host of perks, on top of a satisfying salary. And that’s not all:
- We’re award winning: Many of our projects have been recognised by CEDIA and other industry bodies, as well as leading suppliers including Crestron and Lutron.
- We’re working worldwide: We have teams working across Europe and further afield, so if you have language skills, enjoy travel, or both, we’ll work hard to get the best out of you and give you some exciting experiences
- We’re always thinking of you: We run a contributory pension scheme, and you’ll have access to plenty of other great benefits such as a cycle to work scheme savings, a company mobile and more.
- We’re growing: It is easy to get stuck in a small company and get lost in a large company - we’re in the middle, with plenty of opportunities to learn, challenge yourself, do well and progress.
- We know how to have fun: Whether Friday drinks, our legendary summer sports days or just taking part in a charity fitness challenge - we can guarantee you’ll make great friends and we hope you’ll share the enjoyment at SMC.