Nortek Security and Control
How to Apply
Carlsbad, CA Job Description
Superior technical troubleshooter, specializing in diagnosing, problem resolution, equipment configuration, installation, and design of high end ELAN Control Systems for our Elite ELAN dealers. Works closely with Product Development and Engineering in determining current bugs, equipment issues, equipment feature upgrades, etc.
- Provide Technical Support for control products via telephone & email for ELAN Dealers.
- Support Dealers with product related design assistance and installation troubleshooting
- Act as the liaison between the ELAN Dealers and Product Development/ Engineering for suggestions and new product ideas.
- Participate in the development of Technical Services training programs
- Participate in the development of Dealer training programs
- Participate in Dealer training programs as needed
- Participate in the annual major industry events, such as CEDIA at management approval
- Install, program and maintain the audio/video/control systems in the various conference, training and demo rooms throughout the facility
- Return all calls and emails in a timely manner. Present the Technical Services Department in a friendly, upbeat and supportive manner
- Provide Dealers with product and installation updates via phone, email.
- Provide assistance and support to Service, Sales, Customer Service, and Product Development in regard to Dealer and end-user needs
- Assist Marketing with proofreading literature and manuals with regards to accurate technical content
- Route calls to proper Departments to satisfy customer needs (i.e. service, parts requests, etc.)
- Act as the “feedback” loop between Engineering and Customers in solving product problem issues
- Build and maintain Technical Services training and support equipment racks as well as trade show racks
- Ensures all department projects, initiatives, and processes are in conformance with organization's established policies and objectives
- Implements and maintains department policies and standards
- Other Duties as assigned
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- High School Diploma required. Associates of Arts or equivalent technical school preferred.
- Minimum 2 years related industry experience. This can include installation/programming background in the custom residential and/or commercial audio/video industry, home automation and technical support experience.
- Experience with residential automation platforms and products such as ELAN, Control4, Savant, Lutron, Crestron, Extron, AMX highly preferred
- URC , RTI programming a plus.
- Minimum 1-year networking experience and/or Network + preferred
- Working knowledge of NetSuite is a plus
- Low voltage and/or car audio experience helpful
- CEDIA certification preferred
- Must be able to mentally visualize installations and effectively troubleshoot appropriately
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, memos
- Ability to write intermediate level business and technical correspondence
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, and other employees of the organization.
- Strong attention to detail and written/verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to multi-task, set project priorities, establish department/discipline goals and objectives for self
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft applications (i.e. Excel, Word, PPT, etc.)
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow individuals to perform the essential functions of the job