Nextech Energy Systems, LLC Chicago, IL
Nextech Energy Systems is Chicagoland's premier smart-home and building automation specialist.
Our technicians install and program new technology and put the latest advancements in energy management and connected devices to work for our clients. As an Illinois licensed, bonded and insured installer, our clients rely on Nextech to get the job done efficiently and affordably.
Nextech Energy Systems - Energy technology, made easy.
Nextech is an innovative energy management and smart home services company in Chicago. We are seeking highly motivated candidates to join our growing installation and field services team. If you are a motivated professional looking for a job you’ll love with excellent opportunity for advancement, apply with us today!
Perform on-site installation and programming of smart home, A/V, and IoT related technology in residential settings.
- Competitive base pay and compensation structure based on experience level
- Bonus incentives and fast start programs available for qualified technicians
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life, and Supplemental Insurance program options
- 401K, HSA, PTO, and pre-tax Commuter Benefits
- Company van and gas card
- Employer provided cell phone, laptop/tablet, tool kit, and branded attire
- Onboarding, orientation, and on-going certification & manufacturer training included
- Apprenticeship and Continued Education programs available for qualified candidates
- Real-time dispatch and support structure available for all projects and installations
- Flexible dispatch based around technician’s schedule and geographic footprint
- Employee discounts on all products and services
- Nextech is a licensed, bonded, and insured Illinois contractor - work, build and grow with the best!
Key Duties & Responsibilities Performance
- Installation and integration of home automation systems, including video and audio systems, lighting systems, LAN and WiFi Networks, IoT connected devices, racks and switching, and custom control systems.
- Conduct site surveys to determine the best positioning of equipment, network signal strength and recommendation of which products and services would best enhance the client experience.
- Create detailed project proposals that include scope of work, system specs, and design layouts.
Programming & Integration
- Coordinate with Nextech dispatch team for installation expectations, scheduling, and inventory management.
- Utilize dispatch software to efficiently navigate daily activities and provide real-time communications and ETAs to customers.
- Prep, diagnose, and install equipment following the provided installation punch list.
- Record equipment deficiencies, serial numbers, and photo documentation of the project.
Demonstration & Work Order Submission
- Connect devices to the local network; program to specification and integrate into automation system.
- Perform all necessary device programming and integration per Nextech/manufacturer’s specifications.
- Test equipment to confirm system functionality.
- Demonstrate the system features and functionality and counsel user of best practices.
- Provide Nextech’s Welcome Kit to the customer.
- Obtain customer signature on completed Work Order.
- Submit completed Work Order and corresponding documentation via the dispatch software mobile app.
- High degree of professionalism and focus necessary to deliver an extraordinary customer experience
- Results oriented mind-set
- Superior interpersonal skills, relationship-builder, mindful of audience
- Excellent communication skills with ability to interpret and explain complex issues clearly
- Effective problem-solving skills; ability to work from concept to completion, identify efficient alternatives and implement unique solutions
- Ability to plan proactively, prioritize effectively, and apply effective time management
Job Type: Full-time
- A high school diploma or GED equivalent
- Valid IL driver’s license, clean background and driving record
- Must be a US Citizen or have a permanent resident card
- Adherence to Nextech's Code of Conduct regarding professional standards, communication, and grooming & appearance
- Credentials such as Electrician, Professional Engineer, Certified Technician etc. are a significant plus
Salary: $45,000.00 to $65,000.00 per year
How to Apply
Email your resume to Careers@nextechenergy.com