Better understand the fundamentals of audio technologies and formats.
The course begins with a brief history of audio and covers the basics how audio
signals are created and reproduced, including analog and digital formats and
surround sound technologies. Participants will receive instruction on
loudspeaker basics, room acoustics, and distributed audio systems. This course
is the foundation for further study in all areas of audio reproduction.
At the conclusion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Identify the essential components of an audio system and describe how
those components are used
- Understand how loudspeakers work and explain the application of different
- Describe the key concepts of surround sound technologies including
recommended practices for speaker layout
- Discuss methods of distributing audio throughout the home
- Explain the basic principles of room acoustics