Steps to Schedule and Take a Remote Proctored Exam
This process begins after you have already purchased your exam, completed the application form, and received your acceptance email with a Kryterion scheduling voucher.
- Create a Webassessor account and login at webessessor.com/cedia. Candidates should make sure the name entered matches that of their government ID, which will be verified by the proctor on test day.
- Install Sentinel Secure. The link will be located under the My Assessments tab. For detailed instructions and support regarding Sentinel software please visit the Kryterion support page.
- Set your biometric profile. This link is located under the My Assessments tab. This will open Sentinel and ask to take your picture and obtain a sample of your typing for a keystroke analytics security feature. This information will be verified by the proctor before taking the actual test.
- Schedule your exam time. Under the Register for an Exam tab select “CEDIA Remote Online Proctored Exams” and select your exam. Choose your time zone and use the provided calendar to select an exam time. Kryterion’s Remote Online Proctoring system is available 24/7 but slots may be filled depending on overall demand. Days that are greyed out have no availability. Candidates are recommended to schedule their exam two weeks in advance to secure their preferred time.
- Login to Webessassor to take the Exam. Ten minutes before your scheduled time the “Launch” button will appear which will open Sentinel Secure and complete the identification verification steps. The proctor will check your official identification, verify your microphone and webcam placement, and ensure that the testing environment is acceptable before launching the exam. The proctor will be available for support via chat throughout the exam and will notify you if there are any issues.
If you experience technical difficulties during set-up, launch, or within your Assessment, please visit the Kryterion Support Page (Kryterion.com/support) for articles and a live chat support. You may also contact KRYTERION Technical Support at 1-877-313-2008 or 1-602-659-4679.