The IST replaced the ESC-T as CEDIA’s intermediate level certification covering essential core skills necessary for equipment and systems installation. Many of the topics covered on the IST are similar to the ESC-T, but it is a separate certification
which differs in several areas:
- Updated and expanded blueprint
- 50% longer exam (150 items, 3 hours)
- Agreement to follow Certification Code of Conduct
- Eligibility requirement of relevant experience and pre-requisite certification
- Updated renewal policies
- Recognition under ISO 17024 planned for 2022
Current ESC-T holders will continue to be recognized through the end of their certification period. ESC-T holders who earn the requisite 30 CEUs will have their ESC-T renewed for one final 3-year period, after which the certification will be discontinued.
ESC-T holders are highly encouraged to earn the new IST Certification. The ESC-T fulfils the pre-requisite certification eligibility requirement so there is no need to take the CIT. To make it financially easier to transition, CEDIA is offering ESC-T
holders a 50% discount on the IST exam fee. Contact email@example.com to receive this discount or any questions about this transition.