With a wide range of technologies, equipment and signal types in play, it’s normal to expect a few hiccups during installation time. With so many connected systems and a myriad of reasons why things just don’t play ball, it is imperative that
smart home installers know how to test, locate problems, and rectify faults in an efficient manner. This course prepares installers for these situations and teaches a wide variety of test techniques and troubleshooting methodologies.
Topics covered include:
- Identifying the correct test equipment for a range of electrical and data related systems
- Using test equipment to measure a variety of electrical parameters within AC and DC circuits
- Using a data cable qualification tool to test data infrastructure
- Processes for finding, fixing, and verifying various smart home systems
- Common stages of the test and commissioning phase in a smart home project