Attendees who have completed the Residential Networking course are now ideally placed to study this more advanced course which builds upon the knowledge and skills previously gained.
Once the basics of IP Networking are understood (hint: Can you confidently explain layers 1-3 of the OSI model?), this course will deliver attendees the knowledge and skills required to start building more complex networks.
Topics covered include:
- File sharing between IP connected devices
- Remote access with Dynamic DNS
- The Client - Server model
- 'Ports' and 'Services'
- Access to LAN devices from the WAN via Port Forwarding
- Securing external access using VPNs (Virtual Private Networks)
- Understanding basic subnets
- Dividing Networks using vLANs (Virtual LANs)