Moving into smart home installation requires a wide range of knowledge. New installation technicians need a strong grounding in both personal and technical subjects.
The course will provide attendees with the essential training in the typical maths, science and electronics installers will have to utilise within the home technology industry. Attendees will explore the key techniques for audio, video and network calculations, and will also be understand the electrical theory that is included.
The course will discuss on-site behaviours and best practices; subjects such as personal conduct, attire, transportation and tools are explored in detail. Tools, techniques and general site workings will be clearly illustrated too.
Topics covered include:
- Understanding and manipulating formulae
- Working with triangles, percentages and ratios
- Waves, frequency and wavelength
- Electricity and electrical theory
- Planning a day on site
- Tools, PPE and other equipment needed
- Behaviour in clients' homes
- Avoiding client problems through effective communication
CEU Value: 6