This two-day course will introduce and explore the formal skills required to
design dedicated home cinemas and media rooms.
Using engineering calculations, the course teaches the use of
world-recognised standards and recommended practices. Students will cover the
engineering principles involved in high-performance design, as well as the
science and calculations required to create a complete design.
Attendees will study the theory of cinema in detail, and undertake a design
exercise for both audio, video, and other associated factors including data,
heat, and lighting.
During day two of the course, students will take part in an interactive
workshop to design a cinema from a real client brief.
- Understanding the client brief and requirements
- The engineering principles of home cinema
- Calculations for audio and video
- Consideration for HVAC, lighting, seating, and safety
- Making intelligent decisions in difficult rooms
- Creating standard quotation documents