Steps to Schedule and Take a Remote Proctored Exam
This process begins after you have already purchased your exam application voucher, completed the application form on CEDIA.net, and received your acceptance email with scheduling instructions and separate Kryterion scheduling voucher.
- Create a Webassessor account and login at www.webassessor.com/cedia. Candidates should make sure the name entered matches that of their government ID, which will be verified by the proctor on test day.
- Install Respondus Secure Browser Software. This link will be located under the My Assessments tab after logging into you Webasessor account. For detailed instructions and support regarding Respondus software please visit the Kryterion support page.
- Set your biometric profile. This link is located under the My Assessments tab. This will open Respondus and ask to take your picture. This information will be verified by the proctor before taking the actual test.
- Schedule your exam time. Under the Register for an Exam tab select “CEDIA Remote Online Proctored Exams” and select your exam. Choose your time zone and use the provided calendar to select an exam time. Kryterion’s Remote Online Proctoring system is available 24/7 but slots may be filled depending on overall demand. Days that are greyed out have no availability. Candidates are recommended to schedule their exam two weeks in advance to secure their preferred time.
- Login to Webassessor to take the Exam. Ten minutes before your scheduled time the “Launch” button will appear which will open Respondus Secure and complete the identification verification steps. The proctor will check your official identification, verify your microphone and webcam placement, and ensure that the testing environment is acceptable before launching the exam. The proctor will be available for support via chat throughout the exam and will notify you if there are any issues. If your exam closes or locks up, you may use your phone to contact Kryterion chat support via the link below. You have until 20 minutes after your scheduled start time to launch your exam.
If you experience technical difficulties during set-up, launch, or within your Assessment, please visit the Kryterion Support Page (Kryterion.com/support) for articles and a live chat support in the bottom right of the page. This can be done via your phone until the exam launches. You may launch your exam anytime 10 minutes before, or 20 minutes after your scheduled start time, however, we recommend starting 10 minutes early in case of any technical difficulties.