CEDIA recently conducted its first-ever market research project in India, with over 270 home technology professionals participating. The Market Research Insight report is now available, and highlights India as an emerging market with many opportunities for both integrators and suppliers.
To ensure the report was representative of the market, CEDIA invited both members and non-members to take part in the survey, which included questions focussing on business operations and performance, market demand, professional training and certification, market trends, and challenges and opportunities within the industry.
For years, the Indian smart home industry has been teetering on the edge of ‘high-end’ and ‘mass market’ adoption but has never entirely progressed into being considered a ‘necessity’ by many homeowners.
Now, due to increased awareness among end users, the reverberations from the global pandemic, and new technological innovations, the demand for smart home technology is soaring and the spotlight is back on integrators to provide these custom solutions. That’s why this report is vital to the ongoing success of the Indian smart home market as never before has it been so closely studied and assessed.
Key Report Takeaways:
- There are believed to be more than 500 full-time home technology integrators operating in the Indian market.
- 44% of home technology integrators consider language differences a barrier towards the training of technicians.
- 93% of home technology integrators see home theatre as a driving force in the industry.
- 53% of home technology integrators do not charge a design fee.
- 70% of manufacturers/distributors are exclusively focused on the Indian market.
- 49% of manufacturers/distributors also perform integration.
- 70% of manufacturers/distributors have a dedicated showroom.
“We've witnessed tremendous growth in the Indian smart home market over the past few years,” says CEDIA Senior Vice President of Membership and Global Development, Wendy Griffiths. “The findings in this report closely reflect the enthusiasm and engagement that is so evident at industry events in the region, including our own CEDIA Tech Summits. I know our members will find immense value in the comprehensive data we’ve collected as their businesses and careers continue to evolve.”
The 20-page India Market Research Insights report is free to CEDIA members and available at a cost of £560.00/$680.00 USD for non-members. To read the report in full, please visit CEDIA's Resource Library.