CEDIA Outreach Instructor
This course prepares you to present continuing education courses to designers, builders, and architects in your local area. This is only available to CEDIA members who hold a company membership. This program creates new business opportunities, allowing you to deliver technology education with the ability to provide CEU/CPD credits for several national and international design and build industry associations.
- Introduction to the COI programme
- Review the available courseware
- Learn proper presentation techniques
- Explore best practices for class preparation
- Discover useful communication and questioning techniques
- Identify different learning styles
Whether you're just starting out, or a seasoned pro , this course covers the essential knowledge you need to know, and that will help you prepare for the CEDIA Cabling and Infrastructure (CIT) Certification exam.
Take advantage of this incredible opportunity to jumpstart your career as a certified professionalin the exciting world of home technology!
Day 1: Jobsite Basics covers everything you need to know to perform common tasks on project jobsites while adhering to industry standards and best practices.
Day 2: Construction Methods & Systems Overview covers a comprehensive scope of what technicians need to know when working in different structural environments.
Day 3: Infrastructure Installation, Termination, & Verification is designed to support technicians as they learn the necessary skills to successfully install and terminate common infrastructure cabling.
Home Cinema Design
This two-day course will introduce and explore the formal skills required to design dedicated home cinemas and media rooms.
- Learn a foundation in Home Cinema engineering
- Understand Home Cinema best practices
- Understand the science and calculations behind Home Cinema design
- Making difficult decisions in difficult rooms
- Translating client requirements into design plans
Home Technology Integrator
Any company substantially engaged in the design and/or installation of home technology systems. The Home Technology Integrator classification is a company membership and each employee is considered a CEDIA member and may take advantage of member benefits.
- License: Comply with all applicable state/province, county, country, and/or municipal licensing requirements.
- Insurance: Carry general liability or similar insurance in the minimum amount of $1,000,000 USD or equivalent .
Individuals who are entering, training within, retired from, or exploring the home technology industry. The Individual Membership allows one (1) person to access limited membership benefits.
The CEDIA Outreach Instructor Program, CEDIA Groups, Exhibitor Discounts, Finder Service listing, Member of Excellence program, and any company/project based CEDIA Awards are not included in the Individual Membership.
Member rates for The Cinema Designer and market research are not included in the Individual Membership.
$99 USD/£70 +VAT - Please contact CEDIA for other currency pricing
Any company that provide services to the home technology industry. Consulting services, manufacturer representatives, trade magazines or other media, schools, associations, and other trades working in the home are examples of companies which will be included in the Industry-Related Professional class. This class is a company membership and each employee is considered a CEDIA member and may take advantage of member benefits.
CEDIA's Jobsite Ready technician training is the perfect place to start your smart home technology integration career. This three-day immersive boot camp covers everything you need to know to get started in this exciting field including the basics of electricity, construction, documentation, tools, and cable characteristics, as well as the work performed by a technician at each phase of an installation project.
- The basics of electricity and construction methods
- The latest cabling and termination techniques
- How to read and interpret job documentation
- How to safely and efficiently install, terminate, and test cables
- How to troubleshoot and repair cable problems
- How to work with other tradespeople on the jobsite
- How to communicate effectively with clients
KNX Basic Training
This course explores the principles of the KNX protocol and includes both theoretical learning and hands-on exercises to build your understanding of the KNX system configuration tool, ETS.
- KNX System Overview
- TP Topology
- TP Installation
- Bus Devices
- KNX and RF
- ETS Programming
This two-day course is a great way to get a complete understanding of how to design lightingfor the integrated home.
- Understand lamp characteristics and capabilities
- Understand dimming types and how to test them
- Apply fundamental science needed for lighting control system design
- Understand Part L compliance
Network Specialist School
This education pathway provides a strong foundation for technicians interested in advancing their professional knowledge through a deeper understanding of the fundamentals of networking.
- Standards and the OSI Model
- Network Hardware
- Network Configuration
- Wireless Networking Hardware and Operations
- Network Design, Planning, and Troubleshooting
- Network Security and Performance
The convergence of device-to-device communication via internet protocol and ethernet networks is a critical topic in the integration industry. This course will help learners build a solid foundation of practical knowledge related to configuring IP for basic device applications.
- Describe the structure of a typical domestic network
- Discuss common Wi-Fi modes and architectures
- Identify the characteristics of a WAN and LAN
- Recall the OSI seven-layer model
- Explain DHCP, MAC, and IP Addresses
- Recommend hardware based on the network configuration
Smart Home Technician Essential Skills
Designed for residential contractors joining the smart home industry, this training covers domestic digital infrastructure installation and best practices in audio, video, equipment installation, and rack building.
- Fundamentals of Cables and Connectivity
- Testing & Verification
- Audio, Video, and RF Systems
- Rack Building
- Wiring Fundamentals
Smart Home Technician Further Skills
This educational pathway supports technicians and industry professionals with a desire to continue the journey of professional certification in the field of systems integration.
- Network Configuration
- Types of Distributed Audio Systems
- Home Cinema and Audio Components
- Systems Integration, Control, and Automation
- Video & Audio Configuration
- Video Sources and Display Types
Trade Supplier (Manufacturers & Distributors)
Any company that supplies equipment, goods, parts or services to Home Technology Integrators. This classification includes manufacturers and distributors and is a company membership and each employee is considered a CEDIA member and may take advantage of member benefits.
Annual Gross Revenue
Less than $10 Million USD -
$1,000 USD/£700 +VAT
$10-$30 Million USD -
$2,000 USD/£1,400 +VAT
$31-$100 Million USD -
$4,000 USD/£2,800 +VAT
$101-$200 Million USD -
$8,000 USD/£5,600 +VAT
Over $200 Million USD -
$10,000 USD/£7,000 +VAT
Please contact CEDIA for other currency pricing