Home Cinema Installation & Calibration Workshop
Home Cinema and media room technology are among the most commonly requested systems for new smart home installations. Integrating audio, video and control systems together into a home cinema environment, is a common task for smart home designers and installers.
This course will provide attendees the essential skills required to install a standards compliant home cinema or media room. The workshop style of this course means every student will learn in a hands-on manner. The day includes the building of a modest home cinema including typical audio and video components.
Once the basic home cinema is complete each student will try their hand configuring the basic audio setup of a typical AV Receiver and go on to basic video calibration of the display using test materials.
The topics covered in this course include:
- The role of the AV receiver in a home cinema room
- Configuring common sources of AV content
- Video display technologies and setup
- Speaker system technologies and setup
- Basic audio and video calibration
- HD Video distribution methods
- The home cinema environment
At the end of this course, attendees will be able to:
- List the basic components of a home cinema system
- Explain the role of each home cinema system component
- Setup a home cinema from common components
- Calibrate the video picture and sound for initial viewing
- Discuss three HD video distribution methods
CEDIA Training, St Neots