Day 1 - Intro to Smart Home Systems
The need for a proper cabling infrastructure is essential in any custom installation project. Most homes provide little of the wiring needed for true system integration.
This workshop will show attendees the various cables and connectors used in integrated residential systems, and demonstrate how to build a flexible wiring environment for a modern home. Attendees will learn how to terminate, verify & qualify the wiring
This is an interactive workshop with practical exercises using a range of tools, test and qualification equipment, giving attendees the vital hands on experience required to advance their skill set and industry knowledge.
Topics covered include:
- Identifying the various cables and connectors in Smart Home systems
- Applications where various cables and connectors are used
- Best practice connector termination methods
- Practical exercises using various ELV and data cables and connectors
- The basics of structured cabling systems
- Using patch panels and wall-plate modules
- Basic testing and qualification methods for structured cabling installations