CEDIA Government Affairs works hard daily to advocate for the home technology industry in the United States, and abroad. Their dedication and hard work are instrumental to everyone – not just in particular areas.
We’re always excited and appreciative when members step up and join in advocacy efforts because it’s such meaningful work. Some past participants include:
- Andrew Ard, MAXAWARE
- Terry Baer, Media Link
- Will Breaux, iconic systems
- Paul Epstein, Current Marketing
- Ken Erdmann, Erdmann Electric
- Wayne Harrison, Chesapeake System Services
- Mitchel Klein, Z-Wave Alliance
- Bill Maxey, Media Design
- Ryan Miller, Refined Systems
- Terry Morton, Land & Sea Entertainment
- Chris Piper, Technology Design Associates
- Bill Skaer, Bill Skaer & Associates
- Leon SooHoo, Paradyme
- Evan Struhl, Cutting Edge Systems
- David Symonds, Simplistic Audio Video, LLC
These members stand out as having been active in the legislative process and were instrumental in giving their expertise on critical industry issues. Will you step up in the future?
Advocacy by the numbers in 2022: So far in 2022, CEDIA has tracked 655 legislative bills with at least one legislative bill in all 50 states and 128 regulations in 35 states. From this total, 28 legislative bills are considered priority from 21 different states.
Past and current issues range from electrical licensing, low-voltage licensing, the National Electrical Code®, and the categorization of Integrators as “essential workers” and cover all corners of the U.S.