EACH MEMBER OF CEDIA SHALL ABIDE BY THE FOLLOWING PRINCIPLES:
- Provide to all persons truthful and accurate information with respect to the professional performance of duties.
- Maintain the highest standards of personal conduct to bring credit to the custom electronic and design industry.
- Promote and encourage the highest level of ethics within the profession.
- Responsibly uphold all laws and regulations relating to CEDIA policies and activities.
- Strive for excellence in all aspects of the industry.
- Use only legal and ethical means in all industry activities.
- Protect the public against fraud and unfair practices.
- Use written contracts clearly stating all charges, services, products and other essential
information. To the extent that the customer does not own the software code for all programming implemented by the member, contracts should address the parties' rights and responsibilities as to such codes.
- Demonstrate respect for every professional within the industry by consistently performing at or above the standards acceptable to the industry.
- Make a commitment to increase professional growth and knowledge by participating in technical and industry business training.
knowledge to professional meetings and journals to raise the professionalism of the industry.
- Maintain the highest standards of safety.
- When providing services or products, maintain in full force adequate or appropriate insurance.
with professional colleagues, suppliers and employees to provide the highest quality service.
- Extend these same professional commitments to all persons supervised or employed.
- Subscribe to CEDIA's Code of Ethics and abide by the CEDIA Bylaws.
CEDIA ETHICS GRIEVANCES:
Any complaint against a CEDIA member, whether by a member or non-member, shall be initiated by the filing of a complaint in writing and submitted to email@example.com. The complaint must be brought to the attention
of CEDIA Headquarters within one year of the date of the alleged unethical behavior.
For more information about CEDIA's Ethics Grievance procedures, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.