The mission here? A final product that’s simple to use, reliable, and expandable. The result? A 2018 CEDIA Award for Electronic Living (Best Integrated Home, Level I, AP).
The home’s systems are also robust, including:
- All lighting, motorized blinds, louvres, fans, heat lamps, and water features have “welcome,” “away,” and various mood scenes,
- Ten zones of HVAC control,
- Four CCTV cameras (connected to an 8Tb QNAP NAS with motion sensing),
- Eight zones of motion sensors with batter backup,
- Seven audio zones,
- Six 4K video zones with no less than 18 sources,
- An upgradeable Pakedge network throughout,
- And an IP video intercom system.
The integrator explains the challenges presented by this new home’s construction: “Due to the nature of the build, all walls, floors, and ceilings were cast in concrete on site, which meant meticulous attention to detail was required in
the initial planning to ensure a conduit cable plan was executed with precision. It meant our team had to be on-site for every pour to ensure the conduits were properly located and back box terminations were cast for all locations. Every single
cable in this house was installed into conduit and redundancy was factored into the cable design as there would never be a second chance to install later due to the selected construction methods.”
21 Robinson Road E.
Virginia, QLD 4014
CEDIA Member Since 2008
Bose 151 SE speakers
Middle Atlantic racks
Pakedge network gear
QNAP 4-Channel 1080p NVR
Seagate hard drives
Sonance VP66R in-ceiling speakers
Yamaha YSP Sound Bar with subwoofer