Las Vegas, NV Job Description
Acoustic Design Systems specializes in home automation installation and repairs. We pride ourselves in our reputation to exceed clients expectations and provide top-notch service.
An AV Technician is responsible for planning, rack dressing, wiring, hookup, installation, commissioning and servicing a wide variety of audio visual and network systems and equipment. An AV Technician must excel in customer service skills and be capable of effective communication with clients, management and fellow employees.
Requirements include above average proficiency in all responsibilities associated with the position and the capability to effectively work independently. An AV Technician will be required to interface with the Install Manager and Service Manager as needed and deliver consistent, accurate and timely results. We are looking for a team player who cares about the company and its clients.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan, assemble, install and terminate AV equipment racks and head-ends with an emphasis on dressing the rack cleanly and professionally. Must be detail oriented.
- Install, terminate, test and label a variety of low voltage and AV-specific cable types: CAT5/6, coax cable, speaker wire, line-level audio, fiber, etc.
- Install and properly support a variety of AV and network components including but not limited to video displays, projectors, receivers, speakers, modems, routers, and switches
- Perform start-up and debugging of AV and network systems
- Effectively troubleshoot, diagnose and repair any system or component level equipment failures with ability to use and understand various test equipment
- Maintain records by documenting installation
- Complete all assigned tasks within the specified cost budget and schedule
- Stay current with all mandatory safety requirements and follow established safety practices
- Willingly share knowledge and best trade practices with fellow employees
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong understanding of audio video and low voltage systems
- Practical field experience
- Must be comfortable working at heights of 3-25 ft
- Must be able to lift 50lbs
- Must have professional appearance
- Experience with Control4, Savant, Elan and Crestron is highly desirable
- Medical/Dental/Vision after 90 days
- 401K after 1 year
- PTO after 1 year
- Paid holidays after 6 months
- Training for installation and troubleshooting
- Vehicle provided
- Cell phone provided
How to Apply
Call and ask for Eric, email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website at www.adslv.com and go to our careers section.