Emeryville, CA Job Description
Chamberlux AI is a relatively small but highly skilled & upmarket system integration firm that creates the very best custom AV & Automation solutions for private residences and unique commercial clients throughout the Bay Area. We work hard and value the lifestyles that our dedication and skillsets allow us to maintain, as we value the systems we create and the lifestyles that they enable for our clientele. Our team is a good group of skilled individuals from various backgrounds, unified by the desire to build a different kind of AV company, conscious of the needs of its employees and to our team’s reputation in the industry.
Our team is seeking a smart and outgoing Level One AV Technician. You must have a natural affinity for electronics, tradecraft, be able to y present yourself to other tradesmen as well as project owners and stakeholders in the daily course of your work. You should be comfortable in this role and quickly orient yourself within our team, as you will also be expected to quickly orient yourself to any team on any of our projects. When you have proven your reliability and technical prowess, we will give you the resources and latitude to grow and find your best possible career path in the world of Custom AV Integration. Our team highly values professional autonomy and we will provide the right candidate with all the resources needed to do your very best work and carry the Chamberlux Brand.
We provide on the job training, and for the right candidate we will assist with industry certifications and career development. We are looking for a stable, open-minded team player that will help our company and their career grow in tandem, during which you may attain untold fame and riches in one of the most exciting & promising industries in the world. We also offer practical benefits and a tangibly improved culture for those who have had enough of the tiresome koolaid and carrot/stick approach which larger corporate AV companies can barely pull off even on their best days.
- Communication and coordination, fluid with email, online calendars, and apps
- Basic low voltage hand tools, structured wiring and termination methods
- Maintaining jobsite safety
- Awareness of building codes as related to AV & Low Voltage Electrical
- Building residential AV & Automation from CAD/Construction diagrams
- Foundational knowledge of in wall and exposed low voltage wiring techniques and considerations
- Display and recessed speaker installation methods
- Network and WiFi troubleshooting
- Security Camera installation and NVR setup
- Audio system tuning
- Home automation system setup (lighting, shades, sensors and controls, multiroom audio, surround sound, video projection)
- Familiarity with “at least” one major control system platform
- Wire homes & small businesses in ground up and (less often in) remodel projects.
- Installation of electronic components per highest industry methods.
- Tracking project tasks and coordinating with supervisors and/or management for supplies & resources as needed
- Take on role of service and support for systems you are competent on
- Structured Cabling Installation & Termination Experience
- Clean driver’s license
- Critical thinking skills and habits
- Self starter, motivated
- Good written, verbal, & app skills
- Positive and Professional attitude
- Can dedicate to the workday (Be on Time, Keep personal calls, texts, & emails confined to breaks, etc)
Job Type: Full-time
Most work is performed Monday through Friday with the potential for some evening and weekend work.
Hourly Rate $22-28 DOE
Pay Frequency: Bi weekly
How to Apply
Email your resume to SURETHING@CHAMBERLUX.COM.