Chamberlux AI is a relatively small but highly skilled & upmarket system integration firm that creates the very best custom AV & Automation solutions for private residences and unique commercial clients throughout the Bay Area. We work hard and value the lifestyles that our dedication and skillsets allow us to maintain, as we value the systems we create and the lifestyles that they enable for our clientele. Our team is a good group of skilled individuals from various backgrounds, unified by the desire to build a different kind of AV company, conscious of the needs of its employees and to our team’s reputation in the industry.
Our team is seeking a smart and outgoing Master Technician. You must have a natural affinity for electronics, tradecraft, be at the top of your technical game and able to confidently present yourself to supervisors of other trades as well as project owners and stakeholders in the daily course of your work. You should be comfortable in this role and quickly orient yourself within our team, as you will also be expected to quickly orient yourself to any team on any of our projects. In this supervisory role you will be critical to the success of our projects and our field operations. Our team highly values professional autonomy and we will provide the right candidate with all the resources needed to do your very best work and carry the Chamberlux Brand.
We provide on the job training, and we will assist with industry certifications and career development for all management-track personnel. We are looking for a stable, open-minded team player that will help our company and their career grow in tandem, during which you may attain untold fame and riches in one of the most exciting & promising industries in the world. We also offer practical benefits and a tangibly improved culture for those who have had enough of the tiresome koolaid and carrot/stick approach which larger corporate AV companies can barely pull off even on their best days.
- Unquestionable communication and coordination skills, internal and client-facing, fluid with email, online calendars, and apps
- Well versed in proper use and care of all hand tools, relevant power tools
- Able to train others on structured wiring and termination methods
- Maintaining jobsite safety
- Awareness of building codes as related to AV & Low Voltage Electrical
- Building residential AV & Automation from CAD/Construction diagrams
- Rack Build
- Versed in all typical AV device installations, including flat panel displays. Projectors & screens, motorized mounts and housings, recessed and invisible speakers, panelized controls for lighting and shades (enough to coordinate with jobsite electricians), motorized shades, and everything else low voltage.
- Network and WiFi troubleshooting
- Security Camera installation and NVR setup
- Audio system tuning
- Home automation system setup (lighting, shades, sensors and controls, multiroom audio, surround sound, video projection)
- Surround Sound configuration and manual tuning on multiple processor types
- Distributed Audio setup & tuning methods
- Video Display setup & basic familiarity with the aspects of video calibration
- Projection installation & optical adjustments
- Network configuration and troubleshooting (without guidance)
- Control system administration and basic system admin skills to work with remote programmers (for Crestron, Savant, RTI, and or others)
- Response to and management of daily communications and schedules via all company methods
- Attending to client demands, including production meetings, system reviews, relaying of information to the office team as necessary
- Reviewing production work by junior employees, analysis / enforcement of company technical standards
- Foresight and planning of resources needed onsite on a weekly basis
- Performing all field/production work as needed
- Maintenance of company vehicle
- Documented experience in ALL mandatory skills above, and conversational familiarity at a minimum with all desired skills.
- Industry certification from AVIXA, CEDIA, and/or 15 years industry experience with 5 years in a similar role
- Proven knowledge of AV & Automation systems, structured cabling methods and tools
- Clean driver’s license
- Critical thinking skills and habits
- Self starter, motivated
- Good written, verbal, & app skills
- Positive and Professional attitude
- Can dedicate to the workday (Be on Time, Keep personal calls, texts, & emails confined to breaks, etc)
Job Type: Full-time
Most work is performed Monday through Friday with the potential for some evening and weekend work.
Salary: $90-$110k plus benefits DOE
Pay Frequency: Bi weekly
How to Apply
Email your resume to SURETHING@CHAMBERLUX.COM.