SMC is one of the leading systems integrators in the UK. We have been operating for the most demanding clients for nearly 30 years, bringing together audio, television and video, lighting, telephone, data networks, security, control systems and other bespoke technology into robust, fully integrated and easy to use solutions. Our projects range from simple one-room home cinema installations to fully-integrated multi-million pound homes. Our staff - from a range of architectural, commercial, design, programming and techical backgrounds - pride themselves in delivering tightly detailed, good value solultions that delight our customers.
Located in South West London, we work with the most renowned architects, designers and developers within the industry and deliver projects throughout the UK and around the World.
We are looking for a junior / mid-level designer to join our busy Design Department. You'll need good presentation skills, an eye for detail and experience of 2D and 3D drafting using AutoCAD, Revit and / or similar CAD software packages. Previous technical experience in the audiovisual and / or electrical engineering industries is advantageous but not essential
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Systems design and specification
- Client-facing proposal and presentation documentation production
- 2D and 3D drafting including layout drawings, sub-systems schematics and sketch details
- Client, project team, manufacturer / specifier and site contractor liasion and coordination
- User Interface design
- Cost plan assistance and support
- Demonstrates initiative, enthusiasm, and the ability to multi-task
- Strong organisational skills and great attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Good team player
WHY JOIN SMC?
There’s a strong family feeling at SMC - many of us have been here for more than a decade (in fact two decades in some cases!) Our people remain the core of our success and we couldn’t do anything without this amazing team - it is their energy that has driven us forward, helped us deliver great projects, support our fantastic clients, learn, grow and kept it fun. If you’re good at what you do, cheerful and reliable we’d love you to join us.
You'll enjoy a host of perks, on top of a satisfying salary. And that's not all:
- We’re award winning: Many of our projects have been recognised by CEDIA and other industry bodies, as well as leading suppliers including Crestron and Lutron.
- We’re working worldwide: We have teams working across Europe and further afield, so if you have language skills, enjoy travel, or both, we’ll work hard to get the best out of you and give you some exciting experiences
- We’re always thinking of you: We run a contributory pension scheme, and you’ll have access to plenty of other great benefits such as a cycle to work scheme savings, a company mobile and more.
- We’re growing: It is easy to get stuck in a small company and get lost in a large company - we’re in the middle, with plenty of opportunities to learn, challenge yourself, do well and progress.
- We know how to have fun: Whether Friday drinks, our legendary summer sports days or just taking part in a charity fitness challenge - we can guarantee you’ll make great friends and we hope you’ll share the enjoyment at SMC.