SMC help demanding clients get the best out of technology in their homes. We are a lively, dynamic company and we’re proud of what we do. Our projects range from simple one-room home cinema installations to fully-integrated multi-million pound homes.
Located in South West London, we work with the most renowned architects, designers and developers within the industry and deliver projects throughout the UK and around the World.
At SMC we bring together audio, television, lighting, telephone, data networks, security and other bespoke technology into a fully integrated and easy to use solution. ROLE
We’re looking for the right person who has exceptional computer, logic and analytical skills to join our Programming Team. You will be working closely with the Design Team and our Project Managers to ensure that our projects are technically designed and implemented to the highest standards. RESPONSIBILITIES
- To understand and interpret client requirements to implement user-friendly and easy-to-use control systems
- Understand, coordinate, and detail functional requirements of 3rd party systems and implement and test the integration of these systems (including pre-site liaison and on-site coordination and testing)
- Production and updating of supporting project reference documentation
- Programming the latest control systems available and design and implementation of intuitive, good looking user interfaces for our clients, which meets all the requirements of the project specification
- The production of product specific program code
- Ability to logically test, troubleshoot, identify and fix bugs within code and control systems
- Working to ensure our systems are tested, bug free and operational ahead of handover to the client
- Then potentially working closely with the client as they move into their new home to ensure they are happy and getting the best out of their new systems
- To support and assist the Aftercare Team in terms of programming support for our Maintenance clients
- Communicating regularly with those of us that work in the office, including but not limited to, Designers, Project Managers and Aftercare and Service Department - highlighting issues and bringing them to the table for discussion.
Practical experience of AV/IT systems design and implementation
Have an extremely keen eye for technical detail
Creating UI design in Photoshop/Illustrator or similar
UI/UX development within Crestron VTPro
We don't necessarily expect you to have all of these skills but if you can demonstrate you have a good base knowledge, the right aptitude and a hunger to learn then we can teach you the rest.
This role would suite someone coming from an AV / construction design background wishing to get into basic programming, or alternatively someone coming from a web design and development background wishing to learn more about AV systems integration.