What is a home cinema? This may sound like a simple question, but is it? Participants in this course will come away with a very distinct definition of what a home cinema is — and what it isn’t! Discussions will also include basic acoustical physics, common mistakes in designing dedicated cinemas, as well as specific design considerations related to video, lighting, electrical, and safety and comfort. This course will provide guidance related to what goes in the room — from equipment, to wall treatments, to seating — and provide practical solutions to problems associated with home theater design and construction. Additionally, attendees will discuss the importance of engaging a trained, qualified professional early in the design and build process.
• Define a “dedicated home cinema” and its attributes
• Discuss the science of “good sound”
• Analyze common and costly mistakes with home cinema design
• Identify specific design considerations, such as video optimization, lighting, electrical, safety and comfort
• Recognize the essential criteria for engaging an electronic systems professional in the design and build process