A “green or sustainable home” extends beyond recycling and energy efficiency, clients today want to live a greener lifestyle. Clients today want to live a greener lifestyle. Participants in this course will discuss components of “living green”, and how using technology can actually help their clients live a greener more sustainable life. Additionally, attendees will discuss the ways control systems can improve durability, and enhance health and comfort of a home and its occupants through HVAC, lighting and lighting control, automated shading, smart appliances, water usage. Participants will also discuss how a cooperative mentality among trades in the design and build process can help clients achieve their “green and sustainable goals”.
- Recognize key areas of green and sustainable living and how integrated home systems can create synergies
- Recognize importance of making “being green” easy and empowering homeowners and allowing them to measure results
- Define green benefits of control systems for: HVAC, lighting and lighting control, automated shading, smart appliances, and water detection
- Recognize impact on LEED for Homes
- Discuss Sustainable living and renewable energies such as solar, generator and battery storage systems.