Navigating career development on your own can feel overwhelming. CEDIA recommends that you work with career development professionals to help you get and stay on the right path. You can obtain free career counseling services through high school guidance counselors, university career centers, and local job placement and training programs. Staff at these organizations are fully equipped to provide jobseekers with individualized services aimed at connecting them to employment.
Government Funded Public Services
For those who don’t know where to start, CEDIA recommends that you first see if there are publicly funded services in your area. Most countries provide some type of government funded services to jobseekers. While services vary from country to country, the following are the most common services provided:
- Career counseling and exploration
- Employability/Soft skills training
- Job search assistance
- Resume/CV development
- Interview preparation
- Networking events and job fairs
- Financial assistance for short-term training that leads to credential attainment
- Unemployment benefits
Services are typically provided virtually and in-person at local offices:
- United States: American Job Centers
- United Kingdom: JobCentre Plus
- Canada: Employment and Social Development Canada
- Australia: Jobactive
- Mexico: Servicio Nacional de Empleo
- India: National Career Service
Integration Industry Services and Platforms
In addition to publicly funded career development services, there are several companies within the integration industry that provide jobseekers with free career development services and platforms. The following as just a few that CEDIA recommends that jobseekers learn more about:
- AV Hero is a technology platform that connects customers to a network of certified audiovisual technicians.
- AV Junction connects integrators with freelance AV Technicians.
- HD Staffing is a staffing company with a focus on custom electronic integration and construction staffing experience.
- HireSparks is the premier Executive Search Firm dedicated to the Audio-Visual Integration & Manufacturing Industries.
- Integrator Jobs is a job posting and search service from industry-leading publications and websites — CE Pro, Commercial Integrator, and Security Sales & Integration.
- Lincedge is a platform that allows integrators to share labor resources.
- The Park West Group is an executive search firm that place sales, marketing and technical executives for manufacturers, rep firms and distributors from support to national leadership roles.
- TierPM is a certified diverse audio visual and IT workforce solutions company offering recruiting, staffing, application development and project management solutions for clients nationwide.
- Verigent is a staffing agency that connects low voltage technicians to the Telecom and IT industries.