Are you a talented Residential Installer/Technician looking to take your career to the next level? Do you believe in the power of audio, video, automation, and systems to create awe-inspiring experiences that promote work & family collaboration, entertainment, and education especially during these unprecedented times?
If you do, then be with an organization that is exploding with growth and helping each new generation stay up to date with the most advanced solutions in integration.
Position Summary: Residential Installer/Finish Technician
The Finish Technician is responsible for the installation of electronic-based components into the last phases of the projects. The systems are for use in low voltage systems; music systems, video systems, and control systems in residential and commercial projects. The majority of the day to day responsibilities include placement of finished components, wiring of systems, termination and labeling and toning of wires, and configuration of devices to work within the space in which they have been installed.
The majority of the projects are within the geographical region of New England, some projects will require travel outside of the typical working region.
Responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to the following:
• The typical work schedule is Monday thru Friday from 6AM to 4:00 PM and will include installation. Overtime may be required.
• Some project sites will require travel and over-night trips.
• Under the daily direction of the Production Manager will be focused on the installation of infrastructure components in construction environments.
• The typical day will include the installation of finished components in finished environments.
• Responsibilities include wiring of systems, termination and labeling and toning of wires, installation of devices in spaces, walls, and enclosures.
• Configuration of installed components to best perform in the installation of the system.
• Troubleshoot installed systems and service existing installations.
• Provide and maintain your hand tools for your position.
• Communicate with supervisors with critical issues in a timely manner.
• Travel to and from assigned projects in company vehicles.
• Other duties as required or assigned by company management as needed.
To join our band you'll need the following experience:
• Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
• Requires a minimum of 2 years' work experience highly preferred in AV integration, low-voltage, construction, audio, or related field.
• A positive, can-do attitude and flexibility to change gears and solve problems.
• Work with a sense of urgency and focused effort on daily workflow and project requirements.
• Self-managed and able to work in varied environments as required.
• Lift and carry up to 50 pounds for a distance of up to 100 feet.
• Operate a motor vehicle with a valid State-issued drivers permit.
• Aptitude for understanding and assisting others with technology and construction practices
Founded in 1996, Audio Visual Design Group (AVDG) is a leading design-build firm specializing in audio-visual systems for commercial and residential spaces worldwide. AVDG has a world-class technical staff considered to be among the best in the industry. This high level of technical ability makes us uniquely qualified to deliver sophisticated systems that are elegant, yet simple to use.
AVDG joined the Guitar Center enterprise in late 2017. Guitar Center embodies the world of creativity and music by encouraging our teammates to find their own individual sound. We strive to create lifelong musicians and make a difference in the world by enabling musicians and non-musicians alike to experience the almost indescribable happiness that comes from playing an instrument. We believe in putting our customers first, engaging with respect and integrity, and fulfilling our mission with passion. If you love music and want to be a key player in an organization whose purpose is to fill the world with more music and to develop generations of new musicians then we have a position where you can find your sound.
This position is working with Maverick Integration which is now AVDG, founded in October 2003 with the intention of producing a unique and refreshing approach to the residential low voltage market. Maverick is an award-winning residential and commercial technology integration firm with work that graces over 2.5 million square feet of some of the finest homes, offices and public buildings throughout the Northeast, all along the Eastern Seaboard down to Florida and in the Caribbean.
Maverick Integration is involved with large and small integration projects, overseeing every detail, from planning, through construction and completion. Maverick Integration generally works alongside consult architects, developers, and designers to make sure the best in home technology experience for projects and clients.
Our system design and products include AV Systems, Lighting Control, Computer Networking, Structured Wiring, and Distributed Audio Systems, Phone Systems, HVAC Integration, Shades as well as intuitive Control Systems.
Guitar Center embodies the world of creativity and music by encouraging our teammates to find their own individual sound. We strive to craft lifelong musicians and make a difference in the world by enabling musicians and non-musicians alike to experience the almost indescribable happiness that comes from playing an instrument. We believe in putting our customers first, engaging with respect and integrity, and fulfilling our mission with passion.
How to Apply
We are looking for folks in the greater Boston and Cape town territories.
Please apply through our career center attaching your resume through the url below and if you have any questions please reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Guitar Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides fair and equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected status prohibited under Federal, State, or local laws. All employment decisions are based on valid job‐related requirements.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website, you may request a reasonable accommodation to express interest in a specific opening. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an email to email@example.com.