All About Sound and Video
Busy Home Automation company seeking qualified person to perform installation of low voltage AV systems, Home automation, Distributed Audio, CCTV Surveillance, Access Control in DC Metro area. We are a Custom AV/Automation company with 15 years of experience in cutting edge Home/Commercial AV/Automation. Bonus for Control4 Certified Technicians.
Looking for an independent person capable of completing assigned tasks and ability to supervise Job completion. Training provided.
* Read and understand work orders and required steps to complete assigned tasks. Complete and close out work orders.
* Perform basic installation, maintenance, troubleshooting and repairs of AV and Home automation systems in new construction as well as retro-fit homes/offices/Commercial spaces.
* Setup, test and troubleshoot IT networks: Wi-Fi and Ethernet based
* Ensuring that equipment and information are on site to meet construction schedules and deadlines.
* Properly Install Low voltage Cable and Various Cable Supports (IE cable tray, conduit, hangers ect)* Properly testing and terminate low voltage wiring.
* Follow production, safety and quality standards to code and properly document work completed.
* Properly setup and install Headend equipment, speakers, amps, Satellite/Cable boxes, Surround sound systems.Position Requirements
* Excellent Teamwork Skills
* Excellent Customer Service Skills* Understanding of Cat 5, Cat 6, Coax cabling and termination* Proper use of all tools and equipment necessary to perform assigned tasks-Including Drills, Cable Cutters, Saws, Hammer Drills, Knock-out punches ect.
* Basic Understanding of computer networking systems (routers, switches, servers and workstations.
* Must be able to stoop, kneel, or crouch for long periods of time and ability to work at heights and have good balance.
* Must be able to lift 60 lbs and carry 25 lbs consistently
* Ability to travel to multiple locations within a designated area of 30 Miles of Washingon Metro area.
* Possession of a Valid Driver's License and clean driving record
* Familiarity Home Automation control systems, audio consoles, power amplifiers, digital signal processors, video matrix switchers, video scalers, PC interfaces and digital video recorders
* Ability to read and understand schematics
* Ability to tune and tweak audio systems
* Audio and video cable fabrication
* Cable pulling and rack fabrication
* Able to bench test equipment and when needed prepare equipment to be sent out for repairs
* Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment are essential
* Must be a self-starter and a team player
* A strong sense of urgency in solving customer requests to ensure timely resolution is critical
* Able to pass Criminal background check and Drug test
* Clean Driving required to Drive Company Vehicles
Experience, Education, and Certification Requirements:
* High School Diploma or Equivalent
* 1 to 2 years of related installation experience
* Control4 certification preferred but not required.
Compensation based on experience and certifications between $30,000-$50,000
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $30,000.00 to $50,000.00 /year
How to Apply
Email: Kristin@aasv.tv with your resume.