Audio Visual Design Group
Job Title: AV Residential Service Technician
Are you a talented AV Installer or AV Service Technician who is ready to take their career to the next level? Do you believe in the power of audio-video with automation and systems to create awe-inspiring experiences that promote work & family collaboration, entertainment, and education especially during these unprecedented times?
If you do, then top it off by being with a division of a large corporation that is helping each new generation stay up to date with the most advanced solutions in integration.
Responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to the following:
• Servicing and troubleshooting of home automation systems including distributed video, audio, and lighting control systems
• Provide training to clients on use of AV systems
• Make preventative maintenance visits to maintain client systems
• Deliver service tasks in a timely and quality conscious manner including, but are not limited to: pulling cable, install connectors, projector mounting / hanging (ceiling mounts) Etc.
• Retrofit cabling with minimal to no structural damage, equipment rack building and wiring.
• Loading control systems code either locally or remotely (AMX, Crestron, Control4, Savant, Lutron)
• Work with programming environment of AMX, Crestron, Control, Savant, Lutron to perform code updates or code troubleshooting
• Interface directly with clients or client representatives to determine issue(s) and effectively communicate resolution while establishing
• Provide detailed reporting at the conclusion of each service call for record keeping
To join our band, you’ll need the following experience:
• Minimum 2 years’ in audio/visual technician/service experience in residential environment.
• Must have Advanced computer skills and knowledge of Windows applications, Microsoft Office, and web applications is required.
• Familiarity with Apple iOS products (Apple TV, iPad, Airport Express, iPhone/iTouch, etc.) as they relate to daily use for interfacing with and controlling integrated homes and/or home networks is required.
• Must be able to navigate around PC, file structures, the control panel and command line prompts.
• Must have full understanding of the pre-wire, trim and final phases of a project, including proper use of all associated tools and jobsite safety
• Must have the ability to read and understand device layout drawings, engineered schematics and provide redline corrections and construction blueprints as they pertain to A/V industry.
• Familiarity with basic home construction best practices is required.
• Knowledge of different wire types (Speaker, Category, Coax, Fiber, etc) is highly desired.
• Industry certifications from AMX, Crestron, Control4, Savant, Lutron and CEDIA a major plus.
• Strong customer service, interpersonal skills, and ability to interface with variety of personality and cultures is mandatory.
Love this gig and want to apply? Send your resume and cover letter today along with salary expectations!
Guitar Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides fair and equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected status prohibited under Federal, State, or local laws. All employment decisions are based on valid job‐related requirements.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website, you may request a reasonable accommodation to express interest in a specific opening. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an email to email@example.com.
How to Apply
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing req 6376-CEDIA posting along with your compensation requirement and I will get back to you right away.